Policy of integrated management system
Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
COLAS CZ, a.s. is a leading Czech road construction company and a producer of asphalt mixes and natural crushed stone. Company management is aware of its responsibility to customers, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders. The policy described below creates a framework for the goals and programmes within the integrated management system according to ČSN EN ISO 9001:2016, ČSN EN ISO 14001:2016, ČSN ISO 45001:2018 and ČSN EN ISO 50001:2019 standards, with the aim of increasing efficiency, expanding the scope of the company’s activities in the Czech Republic and strengthening its market position.
Management undertakes to respect all legal regulations and the demands of stakeholders, and to continually improve processes and activities. It also undertakes to provide resources for achieving objectives and to create a positive and motivating environment for increasing overall performance as well as to ensure the availability of information to achieve its objectives and targets.
- The quality of our products and services must satisfy the needs of customers at least at the level of quality provided by our competitors.
- We are developing a programme for the expansion of the portfolio of our products and provided technology in the field of road construction, e.g. in the area of foamed asphalt. A special environmental objective is increasing the material utilisation of regained asphalt mixtures and concrete.
- The safety of employees and the public affected by our road construction is a key priority in achieving the economic goals and sustainable development of the company. We also require our suppliers to respect safety standards. We strive to meet the common goal of the international COLAS SA group to achieve injury-free operations.
- We view limiting negative impacts on the environment and increasing of energy performance as an integral part of modern construction. We undertake to protect the environment and prevent pollution. We expect all employees to contribute to these goals. We pay attention to our energy performance at our plants and in the purchase of products and services when possible and practical.
- Employees and their knowledge and skills are the company’s greatest assets. We maintain and increase their professional qualifications. We view customer and employee satisfaction as a prerequisite to be competitive in our industry.
- We support cooperation at secondary schools and universities with the aim of acquiring new talents.
- We are developing an integrated system of management in line with the aforementioned standards as a natural and daily tool for company management. We regard each managing employee at all levels of management as an important link in the process of continual improvement with the aim of satisfying our customers and creating profit.
Prague, 1 May 2020
Chairman of the board of directors COLAS CZ a.s.